In addition to Community Connect enabling your First Responders to better protect your property and family’s well-being, you can also handle all Burn Permitting within the Community Connect portal. Access, manage, and seek approval for burns within the same account you use to manage your property and its occupants.
These Regulations are under the direction of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR: 314-416-2960 as part of the hematite Fire Protection District’s Fire Prevention Code, Ordinance #4:
- No Burning is allowed in Olympian Village or any incorporated city or village.
- All burning shall take place between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm. All fires must be extinguished by 4:00pm.
- Only vegetation waste (yard waste) six inches (6”) in diameter or less shall be burned, with maximum size of brush piles to measure 4’X4’ wide by 4’ high.
- The open burn shall be supervised at all times and appropriated measures taken to prevent the spread of fire.
- No trash or rubbish shall be used to start the fire or burned during the fire including: HOUSEHOLD TRASH, TIRE, CONSTRUCTION WASTE, and TREATED LUMBER OR ANY ITEM THAT EMITS BLACK OR TOXIC SMOKE.
- The burning must take place upon the premise where the vegetation originated.
- The burning shall take place a minimum of fifty feet (50’) from any structure. Some sites may require further distances.
- Upon receipt of a complaint, protect owner may be required to extinguish the fire.
- You must have your address posted and visible from the road.
- During dry conditions or winds 15 miles per hour and or Humidity of 50% or less call the Hematite Fire Protection District at 636-937-6898 for approval.
FOR ALL EMERGENCIES DIAL 911
Failure to abide by regulations set by the DNR, may result in a fine of up to $10,000.00 by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. Burning Season is September until April.